Nicknamed the “Magic City” because of its rapid growth, Miami is a city rich with a colorful, exotic history that’s forever evolving.
A major international hub known for its white-sand beaches, warm tropical climate, vibrant Latin influence, art deco architecture, and buzzing nightlife, this coastal metropolis is a top vacation destination for travelers around the globe.
If you can’t bare a beach getaway in the Magic City without bringing your fur baby along, the good news is that Miami is definitely one of the most dog-friendly cities you’ll ever visit, and many of the city’s best hotels not only allow pets but will completely spoil your pup rotten.
Here are 8 pet friendly hotels in Miami that are so “pawsh”, there’s a good chance you and your canine companion will want to extend your trip.
1. The Standard Miami Beach
Why you should stay: The hip spa scene
- Pet Fees: Free
- Pet Policies: Up to 2 dogs or cats allowed
- Pet Amenities: Complimentary treats, beds, and bowls available during your stay
Located on Belle Isle, The Standard is less of a hotel and more like a spa with guest rooms, and it is absolutely magical — not to mention totally dog-friendly. Set amidst tropical gardens situated on the Intracoastal, this hotel boasts epic views of both the downtown skyline and beautiful Miami Beach. You may never want to leave, but if you do, The Standard’s location is the ideal base for exploring both mainland Miami as well as South Beach.
Spend your days in total zen at this indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground which includes an epic saltwater pool to laze around, all complimentary to hotel guests. Have a cocktail or three and a bite at the onsite restaurant and local favorite, the Lido Bayside Grill, then take your water dog for a tandem paddle board in the Intracoastal while watching the sun go down.
2. W South Beach
Why you should stay: Unmatched ocean views
- Pet Fees: $100 non-refundable deposit + $25 per night
- Pet Policies: 1 pet up to 40 lbs
- Pet Amenities: Pets Are Welcome (PAW) program — welcome kit, pet bed, bowls, mat, toy, litter box, clean-up bags, dog-walking service, turndown treat, and more
Located on the white sands of Miami Beach, the newly renovated W South Beach is one of the only hotels featuring expansive ocean views from every room, offering the ultimate relaxed, luxury, which also extends to your pet. With the PAW program offered at W South Beach, you’ll get everything you need and more for your pup to be pampered to the max and have a truly unforgettable time.
Just steps away from art galleries, shops, museums, parks, lively nightlife, and a killer culinary scene, this hotel provides the best of both worlds, making it the ideal base to experience both the dynamic culture of Miami and its beautiful beaches. The scenic Miami Beach Boardwalk, which runs next to the hotel, is the perfect place to take your canine companion for a walk or run, stopping for a bite to eat along the way.
3. The Betsy Hotel
Why you should stay: The location…and the charitable pet fee
- Pet Fees: $150 per pet per stay — 50% goes to Miami-Dade Animal Rescue and the SPCA in Zimbabwe, hometown of one of the owners
- Pet Policies: dogs of all sizes are welcome, however, dogs over 40 lbs need pre-approval
- Pet Amenities: Couple’s massage with your pup, followed by healthy snacks
Named as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel + Leisure, The Betsy Hotel is a beachfront gem and easily one of the most dog-friendly spots in the city right in the heart of South Beach. Located on the famed Ocean Drive, this family-owned, luxury boutique hotel is the perfect marriage of relaxed elegance and vintage glamour and has everything you’ll want and need for the ultimate beach vacation.
Upon arrival, there’s a good chance you’ll be greeted with tail wags by Betsy and Rosa, golden retrievers and CEOs (Canine Executive Officers) of The Betsy. If you’ve had a long trip, put your feet up for a couple’s massage — with your beloved dog. Your little fur baby will receive a gentle massage right alongside you, followed by some healthy, tasty nibbles.
4. Esmé Miami Beach
Why you should stay: The rich history and village vibe
- Pet Fees: Free
- Pet Policies: Dogs up to 30 lbs allowed, cannot be left unattended
- Pet Amenities: Dog bed and bowls available for use during your stay
Located on Española Way, which was once a community for artists and outcasts alike, Esmé Hotel is possibly the chicest new kid on the block. The warm Spanish-Mediterranean architecture and artfully-designed interiors of this boutique hotel transport you back in time while breathing new life into this historic village. From the vibey rooftop pool and bar to a slew of restaurants and cocktail bars, you’ll never know who you’ll meet or what you’ll discover at Esmé.
Centrally located in South Beach, Esmé provides the ideal base to explore. Just a short walk to all the best restaurants, parks, entertainment, shopping, and the sandy shore, you and your four-legged friend will always have plenty of things to see and do.
5. Faena Miami Beach
Why you should stay: Whimsical 5-star luxury
- Pet Fees: $250 non refundable deposit + $25 per night
- Pet Policies: 1 pet up to 25 lbs
- Pet Amenities: Dog beds available upon request
Awarded five stars by Forbes Travel Guide for seven consecutive years, Faena Miami Beach is the place to stay for over-the-top luxury in a stunning tropical paradise right on the beach. Its signature red accents and art deco design give a nod to the glamour of the 1950s while satisfying your every desire with modern luxury amenities.
An adult playground with an array of notable restaurants, swanky bars, chic lounges, a sprawling pool, a private beach, and a premiere theater, Faena provides endless entertainment and one-of-a-kind experiences. While you and your pampered pup never have to leave the hotel, there’s plenty to explore just outside the front door.
6. Freehand Miami
Why you should stay: A budget-friendly stay with an award-winning bar
- Pet Fees: $50 per stay
- Pet Policies: Dogs allowed in private rooms only
What started as a hostel catering to backpackers and college kids on a budget, Freehand Miami has become a home away from home for locals and tourists alike. From kitschy bungalows, private suites, and shared dorms this hotel offers reasonably priced stays for every kind of traveler. Keep in mind, however, that dogs are only allowed in private rooms.
Featuring a magical backyard with an award-winning bar serving up craft cocktails, a homey seasonal restaurant, and a great pool to cool off in, you and your canine kid will feel right at home during your stay. Just 2 blocks away from the beach and all the action, Freehand Miami is the ultimate escape that won’t break the budget. Take one of the complimentary bicycles for a cruise and explore the neighborhood with your furry friend in tow.
7. Kimpton Surfcomber
Why you should stay: The DAYLIFE pool activities
- Pet Fees: Free
- Pet Policies: All animals welcome (no limit on the number) – no size, weight, or breed restrictions
- Pet Amenities: VIP (Very Important Pet) package – pet bed, toys, food, water bowls, mats, complimentary access to Wag! Premium, pet-friendly city guide, and more.
Located on Collins Avenue in the center of all the action, the newly-renovated Kimpton Surfcomber pays homage to its Art Deco heritage through its dreamy pastel color palette and geometric lines. While refined in style, stays at the Surfcomber are never stuffy, with plenty of alluring and playful amenities to keep you and your pooch thoroughly entertained.
Kimpton is arguably the most pet-friendly hotel group around, and their VIP (Very Important Pet) package that’s included in your stay provides all the goodies for your furry, scaly, or feathery friend to overindulge in. They also have three other hotels in Miami: Kimpton Epic Hotel, Kimpton Angler’s Hotel, and Kimpton Palomar South Beach.
8. Loews Miami Beach
Why you should stay: A family-friendly resort
- Pet Fees: $50 per stay
- Pet Policies: 2 pets per room allowed, must have up-to-date vaccinations
- Pet Amenities: The Loews Loves Pets program – treats, bowls, mats, plush beds, litter boxes, scratching posts, toys, gourmet room service menu, pet-friendly city guide, and more
A South Beach icon on the white sands of Miami Beach, Loews offers the quintessential beach vacation for the entire family, canine kids included. The Lowes Loves Pets program ensures your beloved pet feels right at home and gets treated like a VIP every step of the way.
Spend the day at the resort indulging in the luxe amenities and endless entertainment or wander about outside right into all the action. Ask the concierge for a map of dog-walking routes that provide tons of pet-friendly stops along the way.
Pet-Friendly Activities in Miami, Florida
Take advantage of this pet-friendly city by enjoying these must-do activities with your canine travel companion.
- Take a stroll down world-famous Lincoln Road, a pedestrian shopping street boasting over 200 restaurants with outdoor seating, as well as art galleries, retailers, and boutiques you can bring your pup into, on a leash of course.
- Enjoy one of the city’s best burgers and craft beers at LoKal in Coconut Grove which even has a doggy menu consisting of three, $5 dishes for your fur baby to dig into.
- Pamper your pup at Dog Bar, a pet staple to Miami Beach, and the créme de la créme when it comes to all things pets – food, toys, treats, accessories, and grooming.
- Bring your canine kid to one of Miami’s seven Bark Parks, (or one Bark Beach) where they can romp and play off-leash.
Find More Nearby Stays
- Can You Bring Pets to Disney World? Does Disney World Allow Dogs?
- 9 Incredible Airbnbs in Miami, Florida
- 8 Pet-Friendly Cabin Rentals in Florida
- 10 Stunning, Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals in Miramar Beach, FL
- Top 8 Pet-Friendly Rentals in Myrtle Beach for a Remarkable Vacation
- 11 Pet-Friendly Edisto Beach Rentals & Airbnbs
Doggy Check In is reader-supported and may earn a commission when you book or purchase using our links.